How to Remove Stickers from a Car
If your customized bumper no longer reflects your current sense of style, then it might be time for a makeover. But, do you know how to remove stickers from a car without damage? The process isn’t as hard as many drivers think, but it does take the proper tools and techniques for the best results possible. Read through our guide and gather your supplies to transform your vehicle into a blank canvas once more!
Tools of the Trade
Whether learning how to remove stickers from car paint or glass surfaces, you’ll need a few household items to get the job done. Be sure to gather your supplies ahead of time, because you will need to work quickly once you get going!
- Hair dryer
- Two clean rags
- Tree sap remover
- Sturdy plastic card (for paint) or razor blade (for glass)
- Quick detailing spray (for paint) or glass cleaner (for glass)
Now that you have everything you need, it’s time to get started to remove the sticker from the car. We recommend heading to the car wash to remove any dirt and grime from your vehicle. You can also perform your own DIY car detailing at home if you’d prefer, or simply wash off the area surrounding the sticker if you’re short on time. Now that your car is clean, follow these steps:
- Plug in your hair dryer and aim the nozzle a few inches above the sticker to loosen the glue. Work from the center of the sticker to the edges.
- When the edges feel warm, try to peel a corner free with your card, blade, or even a fingertip. Do not use the razor blade on painted surfaces.
- If the sticker won’t budge, continue using the hair dryer until it starts to move. Don’t worry if the sticker breaks into pieces as you pry it free.
- Once the sticker is completely free, use your card or blade to scrape away the excess residue. Spray the surface with tree sap remover afterward and buff with your clean cloth.
- Finish with a spritz of detailing spray or glass cleaner and shine with your second clean cloth.
- Hit the roads of Dearborn and Troy, and enjoy your results!
Learn More with Tamaroff Nissan
Now that you know how to remove sticker residue from a car, why not learn more about DIY car care? Learn how to prevent rust on a car, how to check your battery, how long brake pads last, read the 2019 Nissan Rogue reviews, and contact us if you have any questions! Tamaroff Nissan is located close to Farmington Hills, so stop by any time.