2017 Nissan Altima vs. 2017 Nissan Maxima
If you’re in the market for an outstanding sedan, then Nissan serves up some exceptional options. We’ve compared two of them in detail to help you pinpoint the model that will best check off the items on your wish list: the 2017 Nissan Altima vs. 2017 Nissan Maxima.
Each of these exquisite cars brings its own array of prime assets to the road to pamper drivers and passengers and take them where they want to go with exquisite style. Which car is the right one for you? Keep reading as we explore the strengths of the Altima and Maxima in detail. One of these cars is sure to prove the perfect one for you—let’s find out which one it is!
A car’s price tag is one of the first things consumers look at when shopping for a new vehicle. If you are constrained by budget and need to keep costs low, then the Nissan Altima is the model that will most likely draw your eye, as it is priced more than $10,000 below the luxurious Maxima.
- Altima 2.5: Pricing starts at $22,500 MSRP
- Altima 2.5 S: Pricing starts at $22,900 MSRP
- Altima 2.5 SR: Pricing starts at $24,470 MSRP
- Altima 2.5 SV: Pricing starts at $25,460 MSRP
- Altima 2.5 SL: Pricing starts at $28,570 MSRP
- Altima 3.5 SR: Pricing starts at $27,990 MSRP
- Altima 3.5 SL: Pricing starts at $32,690 MSRP
- Maxima S: Pricing begins at $32,560 MSRP
- Maxima SV: Pricing begins at $34,540 MSRP
- Maxima SL: Pricing begins at $37,040 MSRP
- Maxima SR: Pricing begins at $37,820 MSRP
- Maxima SR Midnight: Pricing begins at $39,015 MSRP
- Maxima Platinum: Pricing begins at $39,990 MSRP
The Altima and the Maxima each bring impressive performance to the road. If you’re looking for maximum engine output, then the Maxima is the car you’ll likely gravitate toward.
Each Maxima model is powered by a 3.5L DOHC V6 engine that delivers 300 hp and 261 lb-ft of torque.
Two engine options are offered onboard the Altima:
- Standard 2.5L DOHC 4-cylinder engine that produces 179 hp and 177 lb-ft of torque
- 3.5L DOHC V6 engine that generates 270 hp and 251 lb-ft of torque (Altima 3.5 SR and 3.5 SL models)
Drivers will experience satisfying efficiency onboard both the Altima and the Maxima. In the vein of cost savings for maximum fuel efficiency and stretching fuel dollars further, the Altima is the car that will attract you.
Onboard the Altima 2.5, 2.5 S, 2.5 SV, and 2.5 SL models, EPA-estimated fuel economy is a wowing 27 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway. The Altima 2.5 SR delivers 26 city mpg and 37 highway mpg, and the Altima 3.5 SR and 3.5 SL models each achieve 22 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
Each of the Maxima models delivers EPA-estimated fuel economy of 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
Both the Altima and the Maxima offer 18.0-gallon fuel tanks.
Drivers and passengers will enjoy a variety of prime amenities onboard both the Altima and the Maxima. However, the high-end Maxima delivers a broader array of standard features. Many amenities onboard the Maxima are only offered as upgrades for the Altima and are only available in the higher Altima trim levels.
Exterior features that are standard for the Maxima models but only available as upgrades onboard the Altima include front fog lights and LED daytime running lights.
Interior amenities that come standard onboard the Maxima but are only available as upgrades for the Altima include:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- External digital memory control
- Remote engine start
- Express up/down power windows for both the driver and front passenger
- Integrated navigation system with voice activation
- HomeLink garage door transmitter
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Power driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Power front passenger seat
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Speed-sensitive volume control
- Adjustable rear head restraints
Perform the Ultimate Comparison
As you can see, the 2017 Nissan Altima and 2017 Nissan Maxima each come to the road chockful of prime offerings. If you’re looking for a luxury model with greater power and more abundant standard features, then the Maxima may be the right car for you. If you’re looking for cost savings and outstanding fuel efficiency while still enjoying an outstanding automobile, then you may opt for the Altima.
Still not sure which of these superb cars is the right one for you? Stop by Tamaroff Nissan, or contact us today to perform the ultimate comparison between the Altima and the Maxima: behind the wheel and out on the road! Come in today to take a test drive.